We are in the middle of spring and depending on where you live, it has either been raining, snowing, or scorching hot! That is one of the best parts of spring, one minute it is a beautiful hot day and then next thing you know you wake up the next morning to a foot of snow or it smells of fresh rain-fall after raining all night. That is why it is so important to pack a variety of items when traveling in the spring. Seattle local and fashion expert Julianna and the mastermind behind the Blush and Camo blog, tells us what to pack when traveling to Seattle this spring AND some of her favorite places to visit!
First, like most travelers she knows that when traveling you should try and pack light by sticking with the essentials but make sure to bring items that you feel most comfortable and confident in! Julianna's essentials for venturing around Seattle in the spring include:
- A crisp white blouse (white goes with everything and it is versatile piece)
- A classic blanket wrap (can be a cute scarf during the day and a nice shawl for the chilly evening!)
- The perfect pair of flats (flats are fashionable yet practical when traveling)
- Bright red lipstick (red lipstick enhances every look!)
- A good deodorant (no one like being smelly)
A few more essentials that we thought of might be:
- A light fashionable rain coat (keeps you warm and dry!)
- Sunnies (for when the sun shines bright make sure to have those sunnies handy)
- A cute travel purse that fits most, if not all, your essentials in it!
Another style tip Julianna recommends is layering! Usually a t-shirt will be just fine but if you have one of the essentials, for example the classic blanket wrap, you will always be prepared for a little temperature change! Now that you know some of the essentials and styling tips, here are Julianna's favorite spots to visit in Seattle!
- If you are a coffee drinker then a must see is the Original Starbucks!
- The Downtown Waterfront is a perfect spot to grab a bit to eat and prepare for some great shopping!
- Pike's Place is perfect spot to pick up some fresh produce and local Seattle products!
- Gas Works Park she suggest is a perfect spot for a bike ride or walk with a view of the city!
- A obvious must visit it the Space Needle for the best overall view!
- For a cute date head to Seattle's Great Wheel, one of the largest Farris wheels in the country!
Of course there are amazing shopping option in Seattle, and some of Julianna's favs include Nordstrom's Flagship store as well as Pacific Place! She suggests keeps a little room in your bag, because with all the great shopping around Seattle you will definitely be packing more in your suitcase then what you came with! Check out the Seattle page for more shopping options in and around Seattle and for more on Julianna's amazing life and style blog visit Blush & Camo! Happy travels and shopping!